View Single Post
  #5  
Old 16th July 2007, 17:14
jdhaig jdhaig is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

OK, so I've changed things around. I've kept the NS records for 509hosting. co. uk with 123-reg.co. uk so now when you do a whois 509hosting. co. uk you get:

Name servers:
ns.123-reg.co .uk
ns2.123-reg.co. uk

And dig ns0.509hosting. co. uk:

;; ANSWER SECTION:
ns0.509hosting. co. uk. 86175 IN A 83.166. 161. 148


I've now set up an other domain (italaroma.co.uk) and pointed the ns0 and ns1 records to ns0.509hosting.co .uk and ns1.509hosting.co .uk

I now have exactly the same problem for italaroma.co .uk!!

Whois:

Name servers:
ns0.509hosting.co .uk
ns1.509hosting.co .uk

dig italaroma.co .uk

;; global options: printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 6304
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;italaroma.co.uk. IN A

;; Query time: 5021 msec
;; SERVER: 158.152.1.58#53(158.152.1.58)
;; WHEN: Mon Jul 16 15:11:38 2007
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 33


Bind is obviously aware of the fact that it is hosting both domains (from the confirm files) and lookups on the machine itself work fine. I'm presuming its something to do with external requests as I said before.
Reply With Quote