View Single Post
Old 27th November 2005, 15:40
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,739 Times in 2,574 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bersi
1) i would like to install in the paranoid security state (chrooted) or at least hightest. Does that give problems with ispconifig, and exactly what does?
I'm almost sure that this will cause problems... These settings are so paranoid that almost nothing is allowed on the system! So don't do it, rather do as suggested by the tutorial.

Quote:
2) i would rather use the standard Mandriva imap services (updates later on), does that give problems with ispc?
In the tutorial I use the standard Mandriva imap package...

Quote:
3) i would rather use the standard shorewall firewall and disable the firewall in ispc, does that...
Not if you configure it properly... This means that also port 81 must be accessible otherwise you can't access ISPConfig.

Quote:
4) i would rather use the sasl2 authentification thane the depriciated saslauthd, does that give problems?
saslauthd is for sasl2, there's no such package for sasl1, so I don't think it's deprecated. Anyway, use it, otherwise you'll have problems with authentication...

The best way to follow the tutorial is to use an SSH client (like PuTTY on Windows) and copy and paste the commands from the tutorial.

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on: