View Single Post
Old 22nd November 2005, 02:04

Exclamation Virtual Users and Domain with Postfix etc - Problems after updating postfix

Hi Guys,
firstly let me say the tutorial was excellent. Probably one of the easiest to follow, but maybe a little light in terms of explanation of steps. Nevermind about that though.

I set my system up (Debian Sarge) as per the tutorial and then, as per security rules here, apt-get updated my os. It downloaded and installed a new version of postfix and then I started seeing these errors in my logs, and not receving any new mail:

Errors:

Nov 22 11:00:17 sentinel postfix/master[7168]: warning: process /usr/lib/postfix/virtual pid 7216 exit status 1
Nov 22 11:00:17 sentinel postfix/master[7168]: warning: /usr/lib/postfix/virtual: bad command startup -- throttling
Nov 22 11:01:17 sentinel postfix/virtual[7217]: fatal: mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_mailboxes.cf: proxy map is not allowed for security sensitive data
Nov 22 11:01:18 sentinel postfix/master[7168]: warning: process /usr/lib/postfix/virtual pid 7217 exit status 1
Nov 22 11:01:18 sentinel postfix/master[7168]: warning: /usr/lib/postfix/virtual: bad command startup -- throttling

I'm not sure what this means and given my conf files look the same as the ones from the tutorial - I don't know where I've gone wrong either. Can anyone offer me some help?

Thanks,

ryv
Sponsored Links