View Single Post
Old 9th May 2007, 11:51

would this be the solution to allow my users who use fastcgi to kill their own processes? sometimes I am required to killall -9 dispatch.fcgi because they make some bigger changes in their scripts...

also I'd like to ask a question about the settings of fastcgi:

I am trying to use these config options:

Quote:
-maxClassProcesses n (10)
The maximum number of dynamic FastCGI application instances allowed to run for any one FastCGI application. It must be <= to -maxProcesses (this is not programmatically enforced).
-maxProcesses n (50)
The maximum total number of dynamic FastCGI application instances allowed to run at any one time. It must be >= to -maxClassProcesses (this is not programmatically enforced).
The first option limits the number of children of a certain script (I guess determined by the name) the second one limits the total number of active children.
BUT if I set a limit for the first one, this does not work out for me as my different instances all have the same name: dispatch.fcgi so if I set option#1 to 2 because I want each "scritp" running max. 2 times in parallel I won't be able to have more than 2 dispatch.fcgi in total on my system...

Is there a workaround or did I udnerstand thsi wrong?