View Single Post
Old 20th March 2007, 13:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by till
The howto and chrooting in ISPConfig works perfectly. Why does everyone always forget that poeple with a working setup dont post here in the forum, so its naturally that you find many posts about not working setups here...
ISPConfig is downloaded and installed about 400 - 500 times a day and we have really few problems here in the forum compared to that number of installtions!

How to do this:

1) Install a SSH daemon that supports chrooting.
2) Enable chrooting in ISPConfig in the file /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/config.inc.php
3) Every newly created or updated user is chrooted by ISPConfig. ISPConfig runs the script /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/create_chroot_env.sh automatically to copy the needed binaries and dependencies to the chroot enviroment.

That's true, I guess. No news is good news. I always try to come back to a forum and post when I have solved a problem but you're right if I didn't have a problem in the first place I wouldn't.

It seems that the part that is failing for me is the create_chroot_env.sh script. As I stated, new users are created in the passwd file with the correct chroot indicator, but the binaries are not copied over to their home directory.

When I atttempt to manually run the create_chroot_env.sh file it fails with the following errors:

Code:
cp: cannot stat `(0xffffe000)': No such file or directory
cp: cannot create regular file `.//lib/tls/i686/cmov/libdl.so.2': No such file or directory
cp: cannot create regular file `.//lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6': No such file or directory
cp: cannot create regular file `.//lib/tls/i686/cmov/librt.so.1': No such file or directory
cp: cannot create regular file `.//lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6': No such file or directory
cp: cannot create regular file `.//lib/tls/i686/cmov/libpthread.so.0': No such file or directory
cp: cannot create regular file `.//lib/tls/i686/cmov/libdl.so.2': No such file or directory
cp: cannot create regular file `.//lib/tls/i686/cmov/libresolv.so.2': No such file or directory
cp: cannot create regular file `.//usr/lib/i686/cmov/libcrypto.so.0.9.8': No such file or directory
cp: cannot create regular file `.//lib/tls/i686/cmov/libutil.so.1': No such file or directory
cp: cannot create regular file `.//lib/tls/i686/cmov/libnsl.so.1': No such file or directory
cp: cannot create regular file `.//lib/tls/i686/cmov/libcrypt.so.1': No such file or directory
cp: cannot create regular file `.//lib/tls/i686/cmov/libresolv.so.2': No such file or directory
cp: cannot create regular file `.//lib/tls/i686/cmov/librt.so.1': No such file or directory
cp: cannot create regular file `.//lib/tls/i686/cmov/libpthread.so.0': No such file or directory
I have already removed the code that puts the extra '/' in before the path.

I also notice that the driectories where these files would be copied to are created in the /var/www/webX directory instead of the user's home directory. Is that right?

I see that the script contains full paths so I don't think it matters what directory I am in when I run this script...does it?

I suspect this is the last bit that I need to figure out and then it will all work.