View Single Post
Old 20th March 2007, 09:37
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,654 Times in 4,463 Posts

Quote:
Seriously, this seems to be a pretty hot issue but there doesn't seem to be any resolution on it. Many people have followed the tutorial, but it doesn't seem as if anyone actually has chrooted users running. I hate to say it, but if I can't get chrooted users, I'm going to have to leave ISPConfig. I can't have users running all over each other's home directories. I know this isn't an ISPConfig issue specifically, but let's face it - chrooted users is a requirement in a shared hosting environment.
The howto and chrooting in ISPConfig works perfectly. Why does everyone always forget that poeple with a working setup dont post here in the forum, so its naturally that you find many posts about not working setups here...
ISPConfig is downloaded and installed about 400 - 500 times a day and we have really few problems here in the forum compared to that number of installtions!

How to do this:

1) Install a SSH daemon that supports chrooting.
2) Enable chrooting in ISPConfig in the file /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/config.inc.php
3) Every newly created or updated user is chrooted by ISPConfig. ISPConfig runs the script /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/create_chroot_env.sh automatically to copy the needed binaries and dependencies to the chroot enviroment.