View Single Post
Old 8th March 2007, 19:40

Default .htaccess functionality does not work

Hi-

I am running ISPconfig on Suse Linux 10.1 with three virtual hosts setup to share the same ip. Everything is working very well, except the .htaccess functionality in any of the sites. Whenever I try to use a PHP script that uses .htaccess file in its directory, I get a 500 internal server error. No matter which site.

I have browsed the forum, and researched this issue. Following is my error log file from one of the sites:
[Wed Mar 07 11:41:40 2007] [alert] [client 142.xx.xx.xxx] /srv/www/web7/web/blogs/.htaccess: Options not allowed

I believe that the issue is about .htaccess not being allowed globally or something. Following is an excerpt from my /etc/apache2/httpd.conf file:
<Directory /srv/www/*/web>
Options +Includes -Indexes
AllowOverride None
AllowOverride Indexes AuthConfig Limit FileInfo
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
<Files ~ "^\.ht">
Deny from all
</Files>
</Directory>

In the above I have tried changing "AllowOverride None" to "AllowOverride All" and restarted apache, but it makes no difference

Please let me know if you want to see my /etc/apache2/vhosts/Vhosts_ispconfig.conf file, it currently does not have any <Directory> </Directory> sections.

Can you please point me in the right direction.. is there a howto telling how to get the .htaccess functionality working on ISPConfig. Please let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links