View Single Post
Old 7th November 2005, 21:25
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,703 Times in 2,546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jash

1) Does this need to be all variations of email address?
Normally you don't use email addresses like jason@www.jherrick.co.uk, but ISPConfig writes them anyway because from time to time there's someone who needs that feature.

Quote:
2) Is there a better way to set up my other email providers to make this process more automated!!!! Such as co-domain??
Yes, you can use the Co-Domains.

Quote:
3) I guess I could also remove the web1_ part from the above and have all mail forwarded to the use jason ???
Therefore you'd have to change the file manually, but your changes would be overwritten by ISPConfig when it runs the next time. So don't edit that file (unless you edit it below the line #### MAKE MANUAL ENTRIES BELOW THIS LINE! ####)!
But you could create an alias in /etc/aliases and make emails for web1_jason go to jason. After you've changed /etc/aliases, you must run
Code:
newaliases
Quote:
I have restarted postfix after changing Virtusertable , still not going to web1_jason but mail log now has

Nov 7 17:14:01 localhost postfix/trivial-rewrite[3554]: warning: database /etc/postfix/virtusertable.db is older than source file /etc/postfix/virtusertable
You must run
Code:
postmap /etc/postfix/virtusertable
after you change that file. But you shouldn't change it manually, as I've mentioned above.

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on: