Thread: User login
View Single Post
Old 4th August 2005, 00:30
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,581 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by m u r
USERS
If I include the prefix (web2_info) it says, "Error: Password error: Maildir: No such file or directory." Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?
web2_info is the correct user name. The problem is that this user's mailbox doesn't exist yet. It is created when the forst mail for that user arrives. You can send a test mail to that user, and afterwards you should be able to log in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m u r
DNS
Right now, the domain archsupply.com (The site I want to run on this box) is directed towards ns.lcpm.net and ns1.lcpm.net. I would like to redirect it to ns.archsupply.com and ns1.archsupply.com, but I don't know how to set those up. I installed the dns server, but I'm not sure how to set up the name servers.
You can create ns.archsupply.com and ns1.archsupply.com, but they have to be created in the dns servers ns.lcpm.net and ns1.lcpm.net (contact the company where you registered archsupply.com to set this up for you). ns.lcpm.net and ns1.lcpm.net can point to 2 different ISPConfig machines, and then you can use the 2 ISPConfig machines a dns server for newly registered domains. When you register a domain you tell that ns.archsupply.com and ns1.archsupply.com are the dns servers for the new domain. Just before you register the domain you create a master DNS record for the new domain on your first name server (ns.archsupply.com) and a slave DNS record on your second DNS server (ns1.archsupply.com).

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on: