View Single Post
Old 20th January 2007, 00:31

Unhappy The Perfect Setup - CentOS 4.4 (32-bit), How to add Virtual Users?

Hey, first post here. I'm a Linux newb and these walk throughs are great. I was able to get the server up and running within a couple hours. I even got the server working in a RAID0 configuration (Ooooo...Aaaaa) However I would like to host multiple domains and multiple emails per domain. From what I have read the easiest way to do this is with Virtual Domains.

I've found walk throughs for VDs but not for CertOS. Since I'm so green at Linux, I can't figure out how to get it working. I'm pretty sure I've screwed things up pretty good now cause I can't even connect to the SMTP server that I've just made...I don't get a response at all.

I pretty much have my setup as described in the perfect setup, might be some small changes as I've tried to mix this setup with another and another to see if I can get it working. I'm sorry if this question has been asked before, I couldn't find it on google. Also, please bear with me as I'm very basic with linux right now and I can't wrap my head around being able to get this thing working.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

PS - On a side note, I ran into an error during install:

# mysqladmin -h 127.0.0.1 -u root password password
mysqladmin: connect to server at '127.0.0.1' failed
error: 'Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)'

Or in the place of 127.0.0.1 I had the server name but it didn't make a difference. Not sure if that will be part of the problem or not but I'm sure I did something wrong here.

Last edited by joshenry; 20th January 2007 at 00:42.
Sponsored Links