View Single Post
Old 4th January 2007, 18:59

Martin

Quote:
After the 'GRANTS' did you issue the MySQL command
Code:
flush privileges;
No I didn't, I'll try that and report back.

Things have got a little more complicated now as for various reasons I need to put the Ubuntu server into our domain. I know that I have to use kerberos, ldap and a few other apps but don't really have a clue where to start. I've read through the howto on this site but that is for Gentoo and I am struggling to convert things to Ubuntu. Can anyone point me to a good howto or offer some advice as to how to proceed (or would this be better in a seperate thread?).

The other thing I wanted to ask is when I make a pigs ear of MySQL (which is happening alot lately ) is there a way that I can just un-install MySQL then re-install to try again. When I try:

Code:
apt-get remove mysql-client mysql-server libmysqlcient15-dev
the mysql folder on /etc is not repopulated and I end up with the same problems that I had before I re-installed. If I manually delete the mysql folder from /etc before I re-install the folder is not created again on re-installation. I have been having to re-install the whole server setup from scratch everytime I cock up MySQL which is getting a little tedious.

I am sorry if these are stupid questions, I am trying to get my head round this - honest

Thanks for the help so far.

Bubo