Adding a user for specific FTP folder.
Sorry for the delay, I managed to get the user working now.
Following your directions, from a root prompt :
1. adduser webx_specificuser
2. gave real name and password
3. edited /etc/passwd to change the :/home/webx_specificuser to reflect my correct path (ie : /var/www/webx/web/myspecificfolder/)
4. edited /etc/shadow, but i guess no changes were made here.
5. added webx_specificuser to the end of /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/users
6. chown -R webx_specificuser:www-data /var/www/webx/web/myspecificfolder
7. Bingo, I have correct access to a folder inside a domain for a user.
The only thing I wonder is why put the new user at the end of /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/users ?
Last edited by Novacom; 11th January 2007 at 02:14.