View Single Post
Old 31st December 2006, 19:00

Howdy All,

Hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday, sorry I didn't reply sooner but with the holiday and family visiting from all over that map I just didn't have the time.

Since yesterday I have taken the time to "research" webalizer posts here and have noticed that I am not the only one with this problem. I have tried some of the suggestions here and I have noticed a few differences possibly related to my using Fedora Core 5.

I first tried to check my "cron" file by running crontab -e. This file came up empty. Yet I found a crontab file, the contents are such:

SHELL=/bin/bash
PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
MAILTO=root
HOME=/

# run-parts
01 * * * * root run-parts /etc/cron.hourly
02 4 * * * root run-parts /etc/cron.daily
22 4 * * 0 root run-parts /etc/cron.weekly
42 4 1 * * root run-parts /etc/cron.monthly

I have also found cron folders ( cron.hourly, cron.daily, and so on) in the /etc directory. In the cron.daily folder is a file called 00webalizer. The contents of which is a simple if statement:

if [ -s /var/log/httpd/access_log ]; then
exec /usr/bin/webalizer -Q

I have found webalizer stats files in the "/var/lib/webalizer/" directory. Oddly they are current. These files are pretty cool and informative...but there is no individual info for the different virtual web sites and I can only access the info from the above directory.

My guess is that I have to make some changes to the webalizer.conf file. Yet there are quite a few and I'm not sure which to change and what changes to make!

Hope all this helps...I realize this is alot of info! But I figured more was better!

Willebanks