View Single Post
Old 20th December 2006, 15:57

Question ubuntu ispconfig joomla .htaccess

Been round and round the forums looking for answers but cant find so here goes

The Perfect Setup - Ubuntu 6.10 Server (Edgy Eft)
ISPConfig 2.2.9
Joomla CMS 1.0.11 On An ISPConfig Server Within 10 Easy Steps

Everything seems to work fine until I need to tinker with a few things

1. I would like to run Joomla using the SEO options but when I change the htaccess.txt file from Joomla to the required .htaccess file I get a 500 server error. The file is the standard Joomla .htacces file that comes with a clean install, what do I need to modify to allow it to work properly and to still be secure. I had a site hacked earlier this year and its not a pleasant experience

2. Also I need to run a cron job for a Joomla component feed gator and canít find the cron tab in ispconfig. Maybe there isnt one. If not how do I setup a cron job for a file in Joomla using the command line in the ubuntu server. I am still very new and unfamiliar with command line tools.

3. Using file zilla as my preferred ftp up loader but it is often the case that after the initial install of Joomla that It is no longer able to modify any file in any way be it delete or change name or chmod any file with ftp file zilla. Is this a file zilla problem or just the settings being used by the server for The Perfect Setup - Ubuntu 6.10 Server (Edgy Eft)

4. I will be setting up at least 1 Joomla site on this server that will require ssl certificates and I am wondering if there is anything I should know before I go and plunge into the deep end of this project.

to anyone that can help I give many many thanks in advance

Steve
Sponsored Links