Thread: DNS Issue
View Single Post
Old 24th November 2006, 20:07
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,659 Times in 4,466 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrender
Hello,

I moved our server from Fedora 5, to Suse Enterprise 10. When I did this I had a lot of problems with the "Server settings" on the Enterprise 10. I eventually found out, that this was because I copied over my old ISP-config databases, which held the architecture specific settings for Fedora 5.
Correct. A hint when you move a server the next time, do not overwrite the isp_server and isp_server_ip tables on the new installation with the data from your old server. These two tables contain the server specific settings.

Quote:
I then changed them to corrispond with the SUSE Enterprise 10 layout, and everything ran smooth.... UNTIL I went to host my own dns. I then realized that I needed to change the location of the zone files from /etc/named/ to /var/lib/named.
So I changed it... but i'm still having dns issues.
Does the path always changes back to the old value? ISPConfig checks if the path exists, this check is done by the user admispconfig, so you will have to make sure that the folder /var/lib/named has the permissions that admispconfig can "see" it, e.g put a global read permissions on it.

Last edited by till; 25th November 2006 at 11:54.