View Single Post
Old 8th November 2006, 11:46

yeah I uploaded it to my friends Fedora box to test first time deployment which was were I realised some small missed files, mistakes and required changes to my scripts and then modified my local copies and so on.

So I hope I haven't missed anything or left something out. my mates machine is now working so should be fine.

Basically the way it works on the front side is like this:

1. Browse points to http://www.____.com/stats
2. The .htaccess file (created by the crontab/awstats.php file) authenticates the user and redirects to the /ispc.awstats/awstats.pl?config=www____.com page.
3. the crontab/awstats.php file creates all the .htaccess/.htpasswd files as well as creates all /etc/awstats/awstats.{domain}.conf files

All awstats data is stored in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/ispc.awstats.data/, outside of the /ispc.awstats page.

Authentication files are stored together in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/ispc.awstats/.htpasswd as well as the websites home directory. ONLY the domains allowed users can access their own sites so there's no cross site security issues there.

So hopefully everything is right to go first go for you all. Otherwise just msg me the hiccups and the configuration you got (ie. where's apaches confs are and crontab if not /var/spool/cron/root etc.etc.etc.)

thx