View Single Post
Old 16th October 2005, 19:42
ISPConfig Developer

So here I am, back with more comments.

If I click on a client, then choose to create a new site, it would be nice if the customer I came from was selected automatically.

It is currently not possible to transfer a site between customers, sometimes that would be nicer than to have to backup, delete, re-create and restore the data.

When I add a new site, the menu (tree structure) on the left is not reloaded automatically.

When looking at a site without users, it is practically impossible to find out what the id is ("webXX"). Maybe one could just display that right to "ISP Site" in the right panel at the very top.

Upon the deletion of an account the entire interface is reset and I have to click back to where I was...

What if I would like to always add the same hosts to newly created domains. E.g. www, mail, .... Is there some location where I can put a "DNS template" or such?

Although there is a "Max. number of domains" setting, it doesn't really do what it says, i.e. in fact it counts the hosts that have been set up for that site even if they are under the same domain.

The manual may need to be revised in some places. For instance I only found out what Standard CGI really does by looking at the source...

It is not possible to modify Bind options in named.conf since the whole config file is under control of ISPConfig and I cannot introduce a second options{} block at the very end (where it would be allowed).

I would prefer to have an MX record per domain. E.g. mail.sld.tld where sld and tld are the respective second and top level domains of the site that I created. Right now (even if it was working) it seems like the hostname that was used to setup ISPConfig is used as the default MX.

When using DNS Admin CNAME- and A-records for the same thing cannot be created. However, using the ISP Manager, that is very well possible. Resulting in a bind configuration that will only return SERVFAILs for the domains affected.

It is cool, however somewhat annoying that ISPConfig even takes over network interface configuration (enables non-existent ones and, worse, disables interfaces not used by ISPConfig). This detail might be a candidate for an "expert" mode.