View Single Post
Old 13th October 2005, 22:36

Code:
/dev/sda3            /                    ext3       acl,user_xattr,usrquota,grpquota        1 1/dev/sda1            /boot                ext3       acl,user_xattr        1 2/dev/sda4            /var                 ext3       acl,user_xattr,usrquota,grpquota        1 2/dev/sda2            swap                 swap       defaults              0 0proc                 /proc                proc       defaults              0 0sysfs                /sys                 sysfs      noauto                0 0usbfs                /proc/bus/usb        usbfs      noauto                0 0devpts               /dev/pts             devpts     mode=0620,gid=5       0 0/dev/dvdram          /media/dvdram        subfs      noauto,fs=cdfss,ro,procuid,nosuid,nodev,exec,iocharset=utf8 0 0/dev/fd0             /media/floppy        subfs      noauto,fs=floppyfss,procuid,nodev,nosuid,sync 0 0
(-edit- sorry about that! i guess the code thing doesnt like me.heres the link
)

sorry for the ultomate newb questions but im not exactly sure about what quota is and why it's used. is the only thing i edit just the part where i add usrquota and gsrquota? what about the part where you put /var should i put that on my other partition?

Last edited by Emarzee; 13th October 2005 at 22:39.