Thread: ISPConfig httpd
View Single Post
Old 14th September 2006, 07:04

Default Auto Bind IP tool?

Quote:
Originally Posted by falko
If $go_info["server"]["network_config"] is set to 0 in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php:
Set up the new IP addresses manually on your system, and afterwards add the new IP addresses to the IP address field under Management -> Server -> Settings.

If $go_info["server"]["network_config"] is set to 1:
Just add your new IP addresses to the IP address field under Management -> Server -> Settings, and ISPConfig will add the new IP addresses to your network configuration.

I may have mis-stated my initial question ...

In respect to your response, it seems both steps 1 and 2 are one in the same:

1) "Set up the new IP addresses manually on your system, and afterwards add the new IP addresses to the IP address field ... "

2) "Just add your new IP addresses to the IP address field ..."

<><>

What I am actually looking for is a way to automatically BIND the IPs to the Ethernet device as Godaddy issues us blocks.

The only way to make use of the IPs is to first create the necessary interface / eth* records ... obviously.

In order to create these interfaces, the server must first know the IPs.

The "re-read" IPs option inside the server management IP pool tool of Plesk will read some file on the server and Bind these IPs to the Ethernet Device. When using the "re-read" tool, newly provisioned IPs become available for use on the server ... If Godaddy provisions IPs, but this Re-read tool is NOT used, then the IPs will never become available for use inside plesk.

What file is this Re-read tool grabbing these provisioned IPs from? ...

Is godaddy creating the interfaces for the IPs on the server? .. I doubt it ... so the question remains, what is Plesk using/reading to grab these IPs?

With that said, this is the functionality im looking for with ISPconfig. Adding IPs to the IP pool is fine, but in our case, we are building an automatic account creation and SSL system which will assign a static IP from our pool to the SSL / Hosting clients at signup. Our system will auto request(email) a new block of IPs from godaddy when a minimum limit is reached. Godaddy takes roughly a day to assign new IPs, but when they do, there is an added step (if not using Plesk) of entering the IPs into the server IP pool. Our system will be totally automated and hands off for the most part, but if we cannot auto Bind IPs then our attempts for no human intervention is in vain.

I appreciate your help tremendously,

Thanks again in advance

Respectfully,

Chris