View Single Post
Old 13th September 2006, 23:39

Default ubuntu perfect install apache error ? and another ?

I finally settled on ubuntu 6.06 since it was the only packaget that I found would pretty seamlessly install on my AMD 64 box. Kudo's to the authors on ubuntu!

1. Now, I'm having a slight problem on my second box (server2.mydomain.com). At the end of step 13 we're told to restart apache with:

/etc/init.d/apache2 force-reload

Ok, it restarts but comes back with:

apache2: Could not determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.0.1 for ServerName
apache2: Could not determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.0.1 for ServerName

And yes, it does put that up twice.

2. As I said, I'm going to have two boxes (server1.mydomain.com & server2.mydomain.com). Is there anything "special" I have to do or just completely follow the "Perfect Setup" for each box? I remember reading somewhere that I have to make sure that the IP for the second box shows up somewhere in ISPConfig on the first box. Does this mean that I don't need ISPConfig on the second box?

Again, many many Thanks to Till and Falko for the wonderful How-to's and the prompt responses on everyone's questions. If I ever win the big-bucks on the Lotto I'll be sure to send ya'll some $$$!
Sponsored Links