View Single Post
Old 2nd September 2006, 02:33

Default Visual Web developer 2005 and Linux

Howdy all,

My brother has given me a CD on M$ Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition & a monster book on how to use it. I'm not much into programming but I may have a use for this for my job!

I have a M$ Access database which I use at work.I've wanted to be able to share the db with my co-workers but I have been told that Access sucks on a campus area network and the IT people wont install it on any other computers

As I already have a web server, I figured I could host db based web page and my co-workers could surf at thier leisure! I just didn't realize how hard the undertaking would be!

Enter Visual Basic...I'm really sorry to all you hard core Linux people but M$ Access was pretty easy to setup and this Visual Basic thing looks just as easy...the question is can I get a VB web sites to work with Mysql and apache on my Linux box? Or if anyone hear as a better idea on building webpage frontend to an Access database or any other kind of database...but it must be something that a beginner can handle!
I will happily provide any other info that might help!

Thanks in advance

Will
Sponsored Links