View Single Post
Old 8th October 2005, 05:42

Well Falko, I have some good news. After doing a complete re-installation and using your guide, paying very close attention, I was able to sucessfully set up the Debain Sarge Postfix mail system.
I am now able to pop3 into my account with success. The emails are scanned for spam, as well as viruses, before they are received. However, I have one little issue. When I try to send emails out of the pop account, it gives me the following error:

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'malli@computerrents.com'. Subject 'test', Account: 'mail.mcrirents.com', Server: 'mail.mcrirents.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 <malli@computerrents.com>: Relay access denied', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

I had my isp(Verizon) create a PTR record for me today assuming that is the problem. Also, I didn't put any public DNS into the resolve.cf file. Do you think I should? If so, should I use my ISP's DNS servers?

This is how I have it set up using the phpmyadmin interface:
domain --> mcrirents.com
user --> malli@mcrirents.com