View Single Post
Old 2nd October 2005, 13:56
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,735 Times in 2,571 Posts

Quote:
I looked at the /etc/group file and to my horror all my groups had disappeared and the only lines left in there where the last 5 groups added by ISPConfig.
I am uncertain why this happened but I am guessing it may be because my usernames had hyphens in them (-). Can anyone confirm that this may be true or is true ?
Never heard of anything like that.

Quote:
When web1 has been deleted, this group remains and is not deleted. Is this normal or have I got another problem here ? If it IS normal, would it not be better for the group to be deleted also, once the web has been removed from the recycle bin ?
It should be deleted after you've deleted the web site also from the recycle bin.

Quote:
This brings me onto another issue..... after playing around with ISPConfig, and removing it and reinstalling it etc, ISPConfig seems to have no regard for already assigned UIDs. It seems to always start with 10001 regardless of whether this is already in use or not. .This causes immediate problems with /etc/passwd and /etc/group (and may have been the initial cause of my problems).
Therefore you can set the starting user id and group id under Management -> Server -> Settings -> Other. You have to go sure yourself that these ids do not interfere with others you use on the system.

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on: