View Single Post
Old 29th July 2006, 00:32

Default Help with The Perfect Setup - Ubuntu 6.06 LTS Server

I have 3 questions about the "The Perfect Setup - Ubuntu 6.06 LTS Server" howto:

1) in /etc/hosts I am not sure what I should fill in this information with....I mean I am sure the first row stays the same and the second row's ipaddress should be the static ip I put in /etc/network/interfaces but as far as server1.example.com and server1....I just have no idea what that means. Is it the url I am using for the website I built? Is it just something random? Is it my dyndns url? I mean I am just confused about that. I just put my domain in there so I guess that's why I am having problems on my second and third questions.

2)on the 4th page, at the very bottom, where it says:
mysqladmin -u root password yourrootsqlpassword
mysqladmin -h server1.example.com -u root password yourrootsqlpassword
I am getting the following error:
mysqladmin: connetc to server at 'my domain' failed
error: 'Host 'my domain' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server
And again, I am sure this is due to me not setting up the /etc/hosts file right.

3)Finaly, I installed ispconfig and it ran great. Went though all the steps and everything...I go to log into it and nothing loads. I have tryed connecting to it from a different machine using my domain.com:81 (the one I put in the host file), I tryed using the static ip I put in the /etc/network/interfaces file, and nothing seems to work.

I am sure this is just me being a dummy newb at linux but any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links