View Single Post
Old 28th September 2005, 06:00

Unhappy Web Issues - Access Forbidden!

I just installed ISPConfig using the SuSE 9.3 because I am more familiar with it and we use it on multiple servers here. After the setup, I tried acessing the webpage for the new site that i created, I get a message saying Access forbidden! - You don't have permission to access the requested directory. There is either no index document or the directory is read-protected.

I know the reason I am getting the error, but not sure why I am getting the error. The reason is because the webserver is trying to access the /srv/www/htdocs directory rather than /srv/www/web1/web directory.

The actual error message from log files is " Directory index forbidden by rule: /srv/www/htdocs/"

Does anyone know how to change this so that I can get it to access the correct directories. All the email portion is working fine along with all DNS.

I would like to really get this working because it will save us time in setting up our customers domains. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I noticed someone else had an error with this in another forum but there was no resolution except for he changed to another server.

Last edited by rytech; 28th September 2005 at 08:01.
Sponsored Links