View Single Post
Old 8th July 2006, 03:51

Send a message via AIM to StoddardIV
Default ISPConfig on Fedora Core 5 32bit system

Hey, I'm new here, and have only been using linux for a little while, and still consider myself inexperienced. I followed the How-To 'Perfect Setup: Fedora Core 5' exactly (except I changed it to work on the 32bit), and this is my issue:

I have installed ISPConfig. It was going smoothly up until it asked for the hostname and domain. I have a website, and I kept putting 'www' into hostname and the domain name, but it could never reach that URL. So I left 'hostname' blank and just typed in the network IP address for the domain. That satisfied it. Now here's the problem.

I'm trying to move my existing website onto my own server. The server is on a high-speed network in my office (I operate a small business). I have a Linksys Router, and that's how the server connects to the internet. I'd like to know what I have to do so that I can get the server to start hosting websites that are accessible to everyone. In the office, I type it's 192.168.1.100 (it's static IP address) with the https at the front and 81 at the back, and get the ISP config. But when I try to type in the public internet IP address, it just doesn't ever load - it times out eventually. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links