Thread: [Solved] Tag
View Single Post
Old 21st September 2005, 16:57

Quote:
That's a possible solution, or we start with a FAQ that handles some of the common problems like the maildir / mailbox question?
Yea, A knowledge base is very nice and I think it will drop repetitive posting which will drop your bandwidth cost. If things keep going like this, in 6 or 7 months, this board will be busy.

Quote:
I saw on another forum once that any posts made in a particular section allowed the poster to close off the post if someone satisfied his query/solved his problem.
Yes, I see that on many boards for help and request forums.

Quote:
(incidentally, don't you two sleep ever ??? not together of course , I meant you always seem to be online !)
I'm in Asia, so you might think I dint sleep. But I do get 6 to 8 hrs sleep every day . I try to help up to my capacity because I think the devs are doing a wonderful thing in the free software sector. Not many are as helpful as Falko and Till about a free application. I also try to support other devs in testing and fine tuning there beta and alpha apps. Especially in the Pocket PC sector.

Quote:
Looking at the forum at the moment, posts get viewed a lot, there was 123 people online at one point, but very few people seem to take an active part in the community.
To me, that is a good sign. That means people are able to solve there own problems without having to post it.