View Single Post
Old 20th April 2013, 16:07
HowtoForge Supporter

Exclamation Help with Permissions Please

Thank you very much for this forum that is dedicated to your supporters!

I am working to migrate my custom CMS, Piece Builder, to ISPConfig 3. It looks like I'm going to be running into permissions issues when trying to write a users pages to their domain.

ISPConfig: v3.0.5.2

I'm currently faced with two large hurdles:
  • Creating folders in a client web# folder. I'm currently logged in as root, and I'm trying to create a new folder in /var/www/clients/client#/web#/, and I get "permission denied". I don't understand how this can be permission denied for root. How can I solve this problem, please?
  • Piece Builder (pb) under one client needs the ability to write to other clients folders web folders. Under the web# folder there will be a symbolic link to the primary pb library that contains all the PHP files to allow operation of the CMS. On my current server, I made apache the owner of files/folders that pb needs to write. I would like to maintain the setting that a user becomes owner of the files in their folder on update, because that helps me with quota concerns. What is the best way for me to allow pb to do it's job?

Thank you for your help...

Darin
Sponsored Links