View Single Post
Old 16th April 2013, 18:23

FWIW I have now upgraded (IMHO) 2 servers from postfix+dovecot to a full courier-mta+imap system and so far I haven't noticed any drawbacks in day to day usage. I expect some problems when upgrading ISPConfig because it's scripts expect postfix to be installed and in my case I had to remove the postfix package altogether so Ubuntu would install the courier-mta package. A workaround may be to simply leave a copy of /etc/postfix (and maybe some other) directories so the upgrade just thinks that postfix is still available.

The main reason for me to bother is that I was not happy with the default spamassassin spam filtering system and not being familiar with it, or postfix in general, it was easier and quicker for me to install courier-mta and use it's maildrop local delivery agent with Dspam to get near 99% effective spam filtering.

On Ubuntu (13.04) this is the magic glue that makes it work with the ISPConfig MySQL auth tables, /etc/courier/authmysqlrc...

Code:
MYSQL_AUXOPTIONS_FIELD  concat('disableimap=',disableimap,',disablepop3=',disablepop3)
MYSQL_CRYPT_PWFIELD     password
MYSQL_DATABASE          dbispconfig
MYSQL_GID_FIELD         gid
#MYSQL_HOME_FIELD       homedir
MYSQL_HOME_FIELD        maildir
MYSQL_LOGIN_FIELD       login
#MYSQL_MAILDIR_FIELD    maildir
MYSQL_PASSWORD          x33c6ee08c6e22e7e56619828179c7fx
MYSQL_PORT              0
MYSQL_QUOTA_FIELD       concat(cast(quota as char),'S')
#MYSQL_QUOTA_FIELD      quota
#MYSQL_SERVER           localhost
MYSQL_SOCKET            /run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
MYSQL_UID_FIELD         uid
MYSQL_USERNAME          ispconfig
MYSQL_USER_TABLE        mail_user