View Single Post
Old 5th April 2013, 02:09
HowtoForge Supporter

Exclamation DNS - public or local ip-numbers

Hi Rich,

Thanks for your response. Please notice that I have all the ports open, and forwardet to the server eith the local ipnumber as you describe. I even tried with all ports open and forwardet to mylocalserverip (ex. 192.168.1.200).

The problem was at first that I couldn't reach the default websites at all. Then I tried changing the ip in the dns records to mylocalserverip and then all of the websites works locally but still not from the outside. Please notice that it is the domain which is used for the nameserver I am showing here. The A-record "NS1" is a glue-record as shown in the tutorial: http://www.howtoforge.com/ispconfig_...domain_schlund

A mydomain.tld. 192.168.1.200 0 3600
A mail 192.168.1.200 0 3600
A ns1 192.168.1.200 0 86400
A www 192.168.1.200 0 3600
MX mydomain.tld. mail.mydomain.tld. 10 3600
NS mydomain.tld. ns1.mynameserver.tld. 0 3600
NS mydomain.tld. ns2.somesecondarydns.dk.0 3600

Here's proof that the sites works at last! But only locally:

Welcome to your website!
This file may be deleted or overwritten without any difficulty. This is produced........
Powered by ISPConfig

I tried to change the A-record "NS1" to the public static ipnumber ealier on, but changed my mind. But according to your advice it has to be the public ipnumber, so I will change it again right now!! I've been reading the large ISPconfig3 manual for days, but haven't been able to find info regarding this problem..
The changing of ip in the A-record can only be for the "NS1" record, right? Because, as mentioned above, it was the chage from public ipnumbers to local ipnumbers that made the websites work locally!?!

Here's where I got the idea to change from the fixed public ipnumber the local serveripnumber:
http://www.faqforge.com/wp-content/u...nfig_dns11.png
or
http://www.faqforge.com/category/lin...ls/ispconfig3/ (down the page to: "Setting up email routing to gmail / google apps via ISPConfig 3 >> DNS Zone)

I am looking so much foward to your response - I was really looking forward to programming our new internetshop insted of fighting this config

Kind Regards,
Dan
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internet Service Information:
Fast Internet Line/Used only for Internet-Servers.
Static IP
All ports opened in router --> server ip number
Primary nameserver --> ns1.mynameserver.tld
Secondary nameserver --> ns2.somedanishdomainservice.tld

System Information:
Ubuntu Server 10.04
ISPconfig 3 v.3.0.5.2
Single Server Setup (running primary nameserver)
Tutorial: The Perfect Server - ISPConfig3 - Ubuntu Server 10.04
Downloaded Manual for ISPConfig3 by Falko Timme
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------