View Single Post
Old 4th April 2013, 13:47
HowtoForge Supporter

Question still no website online...

Hi Till,

System information:
Ubuntu Server 10.04
ISPconfig 3 v.3.0.5.2
Single Server Setup with primary nameserver, webserver, mailserver, sqlserver.

Still fighting the problem with access to new website. As mentioned earlier on, the client webfolder is created when the site is created in ispconfig cp. When creating a ftp account to the client/domain it's possible to ftp into the webfolder where the default html files are (default website). Kys just not possible to reach the site from a browser! Dns works! Primary nameserver works and is approved by danish domain provider (dk-hostmaster.dk)

I have been reading more than 200 pages of the downloaded manual, and I recall have been reading about the "Network configuation" utility.:
"The network configuration option is only available for Debian and Ubuntu Servers. Do not enable this option if your network interface is not eth0."
What I read was that if this optional utility was "checked/selected" ispconfig will make all of the configuration when creating ex. a website. But, default it's not "selected' - then how can it be anough creating a website from ispconfig cp? What is it that ispconfig is setting up automatic with the option selected? And therefore, this must be missing when the option "network configuration" is not selected!?! I will search the manual for it right now, it had to do with ipnumbers some of it, and it was not only gateway, nameservers etc. I'm pretty sure of! o)

Kind Regards,
Dan