View Single Post
Old 4th March 2013, 17:56
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,209 Times in 4,085 Posts

Quote:
That is my concern with SVN. everyone is working in the (unique/one) trunk and the code should work somewhat all the time for testing purposes.
Fork or branch in Git and you can screw around with it however you want. And use a branch for everything like fixes or new features.
We use branches in svn as well with different restrictions. Off course svn requires more communication before you start to develop then github but thats not nescessarily a bad thing. It will help nobody if we have to reject code because the right feature has been implemented in the wrong way. So better discuss things before implementing them then having to reject the code later for formal reasons.

Quote:
about the theme: can push it to the SVN on completion although I do see a theme (since the theme switch was integrated) for ISPC as a standalone package. Maybe you could add it to the official apps & addon repo
Sure, a separate package is fine as well.Let me know when your finished and I'll packge it for the addon repository.