View Single Post
Old 28th February 2013, 13:07
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,339 Times in 4,188 Posts

Quote:
After updating to ISPConfig 3.0.5.1, whenever I create a new website, it's root directory (i.e. /var/www/clients/client0/web4) is set to be owned by 'root:root', instead of 'web4:client0' as expected.
There is no issue, just what you expect is wrong. The correct permissions of the root directory are root:root in ISPConfig 3.0.5.

Quote:
In turn, when removing a site, the directory cannot be fully removed as during the removal process, the ISPConfig server script returns "rm: cannot remove 'web4/log': Device or resource busy".
Works fine here. Maybe you were accessing the directory at that moment with a shell user so it could not be unmounted.

Quote:
On top of this, I can't seem to be able to delete this directory while logged in as the 'root' user. Neither can I create files or folders within the root site directory when the site exists (/var/www/clients/client0/web4) while logged in as the 'root' user.
Thats correct as well. The directories are protected with the immutable bit.

Quote:
Any suggestions please? ISPConfig was working perfectly for me prior to this update. While this issue does not stop me from creating new sites, I find it rather odd that sites have changed from being owned by their respective user/group to being owned by 'root:root'.
This change was required for security issues, all directories that shall be used to store data are accessible and owned by the web user and is described in the changelog. Web users can store data in the web subdirectory which shall be accessible by http, they can store data in the webdav directory which shall be accessible by webdav and data that shall neither be accessible by webdav nor by http goes into the private directory of the site.

Quote:
Could this be worthy of a bug report, or is it simply a result of upgrading to 3.0.5.1, instead of using a clean install?
There is no bug in the things you described above.