View Single Post
Old 28th February 2013, 03:49
HowtoForge Supporter

Default Great feedback! Thank you...

Quote:
It runs on the HW node, not within the virtual containers. You do not have to do anything special within the VE, just use ISPConfig/quota as usual. The OpenVZ quota system will take care of the rest.
That's great! I'll take a closer look.

Quote:
Of course you'll have "RHEL based" kernel afterwards, but you won't notice that.
Yeah, you're right, i'll be working in the VMs, so who cares what the base node is as long as it's secure.

Quote:
OVZ Web Panel uses built-in Webrick server - consumes nearly nothing. Make sure to edit the file /etc/owp.conf to enable SSL (config within OVZ dir will be ignored)
I've been using this to start the secure web server, and that allows me to use OpenVZ Web Panel securely:
Code:
ruby /opt/ovz-web-panel/script/server_ssl webrick -e production -p 3001 -b 0.0.0.0 -d
I'll take a look and see if I can figure out how to set the configuration to use the SSL port.

Are you running a web server on your primary node to manage your VMs then?

I'll look into reflexify framework. Thanks... Are you using ISPConfig 3 to backup your VMs?

I just purchased a Dell PowerEdge 2950 III, 2U system that has 2 2.33 Intel Xenon processors, 16GB RAM, and has 6 450GB SAS 15K.6 drives in a RAID 10 configuration. This server is being configured now, and will go into a local data center on the 15th of March. I think I can probably get away with running a few VMs as I am doing now.

Thanks for taking the time to reply back, and for the valuable information!

Regards,
Darin

Last edited by darinpeterson; 28th February 2013 at 14:59. Reason: fixed inaccuracy