View Single Post
Old 27th February 2013, 22:58

Thanks, Till. I really appreciate you going to all the trouble.

I performed additional research and in my old configuration, the term "sieve" only appears in two places:

Code:
protocol lda {
  mail_plugins = sieve quota
}

[...]

plugin {
  sieve=/var/vmail/%d/%n/.sieve
}
Yet, in the new configuration that ISPC 3.0.5 created, there are a number of new stanzas and directives that weren't there before, and one of them contains the line that causes the fatal error during Dovecot start-up:

Code:
protocol managesieve {
  # This is the line that causes the fatal error.
  sieve=~/.dovecot.sieve

sieve_storage=~/sieve
}
Is the problem, in essence, the presence of the protocol managesieve block? I have dovecot-pigeonhole installed, but I've never had any reference to it (or managesieve) in my Dovecot configuration file.

To help you reproduce this situation on your own VM:

Code:
# dpkg --list | grep dovecot
ii  dovecot-antispam                 1.2+20090702-1ubuntu0.10.04.1 a Dovecot plugin that helps train spam filte
ii  dovecot-common                   1:1.2.9-1ubuntu6.5            secure mail server that supports mbox and ma
ii  dovecot-imapd                    1:1.2.9-1ubuntu6.5            secure IMAP server that supports mbox and ma
rc  dovecot-pigeonhole               0.3.1-3~rns~lucid             secure mail server - sieve and managesieve s
ii  dovecot-pop3d                    1:1.2.9-1ubuntu6.5            secure POP3 server that supports mbox and ma