View Single Post
Old 11th February 2013, 17:37

Default SpamSnake - Ubuntu 12.04 - Greyfix crashing and other unknowns

Hello,

This has been my first successful setup of a Buruwa front-end server. This has also worked well with everything in place for a couple of weeks. Although, I have had a nagging problem that SEEMS to stem from Greyfix. Let me mention that this is the first time I have gotten this to work as well. With all that being said, I would like to fix the issue and not disable Greyfix, if possible.

Setup
VM on VMware ESXi 5.1
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
Mailscanner 4.84.5-3
Greyfix 0.3.9
Baruwa 1.1.2-4
Postfix 2.9.3

Code:
Feb 11 09:04:41 spam1 postfix/spawn[25348]: warning: /usr/local/sbin/greyfix: process id 25350: command time limit exceeded
Feb 11 09:04:41 spam1 postfix/spawn[25351]: warning: /usr/local/sbin/greyfix: process id 25353: command time limit exceeded
Feb 11 09:05:20 spam1 postfix/smtpd[25912]: warning: problem talking to server private/greyfix: Connection timed out
Feb 11 09:09:35 spam1 postfix/smtpd[25985]: warning: problem talking to server private/greyfix: Connection timed out
Feb 11 09:09:35 spam1 postfix/smtpd[25985]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from unknown[94.236.241.35]: 451 4.3.5 Server configuration problem; from=<nocost.trials@whissa.us> to=<mstruck@mydomain.tld> proto=ESMTP helo=<support.whissa.us>
Feb 11 09:43:52 spam1 postfix/smtpd[25977]: warning: connect to private/greyfix: Resource temporarily unavailable
Feb 11 09:43:52 spam1 postfix/smtpd[25977]: warning: problem talking to server private/greyfix: Resource temporarily unavailable
I am also receiving 'Other Bad Content Detected' subject messages with this in the information section: Report: MailScanner: Message attempted to kill MailScanner

This whole process seems to lock up the entire machine. After logging into the machine I am able to type reboot now but nothing happens. I have to do a hard shutdown and after the machine comes back up I run this:

Code:
cd /var/lib/greyfix/
/etc/init.d/postfix stop
rm __db.00*
/etc/init.d/postfix start
Postfix main.cf
Code:
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_unknown_recipient_domain, reject_unauth_destination, check_client_access hash:/etc/postfix/whitelist_ip, whitelist_policy, grey_policy, reject_rbl_client b.barracudacentral.org, reject_rbl_client zen.spamhaus.org, reject_rbl_client bl.spamcop.net, permit
smtpd_data_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_unauth_pipelining
smtpd_restriction_classes = grey_policy, whitelist_policy
grey_policy = check_policy_service unix:private/greyfix

It seems to run fine for the next couple of days and then it starts all over again.

I am not sure that I am on the correct path with Greyfix being the problem. After searching around I see that it may be clamav as the issue but I do not see anything indicating that in the logs.

Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored Links