View Single Post
Old 7th February 2013, 05:09
HowtoForge Supporter

Question Need Help For Certified SSL Install For Alias Domain

I have a subdomain set up as a site (because I like that better than using the subdomain feature): subdomain.domain.com

I have an alias for this subdomain: www.aliasdomain.com

I've used open SSL to create a CSR, sent it to the CA and received the Server Cert, Intermediate Cert and Root Cert back from them.

I've uploaded my private key, and all certs to /var/www/clients/clientX/webX/ssl (this is the client & web for subdomain.domain.com).

In ISPConfig 3, I've pasted the Server Cert into the SSL Certificate field, the Intermediate Cert followed by the Root Cert into the SSL Bundle field, and then selected Save certificate from the drop down and clicked Save.

When I check my domain under https it says "Wrong Site" and "Unknown Identity", and then even further, in Chrome it even shows me in the browser what I have in /var/www/html instead of whats in /var/www/clients/clientX/webX/ssl... which I just don't get, but I'm sure it has something to do with the SSL cert not being properly installed.

Can someone PLEASE help? What am I doing wrong to get this cert to work for an ISPConfig 3 alias?