View Single Post
Old 22nd January 2013, 08:59
Super Moderator

Thanked 4,996 Times in 3,909 Posts

Quote:
1. The default includes 10 directory paths. When I changed it to just the 3 I wanted everything I tested worked fine on a medium sized Drupal site with lots of symlinks - so I don't know why the default has so many paths. Legacy thing that hasn't been reviewed lately perhaps?
The paths are required. Maybe not on your system but on others. Btw, drupal runs fine out of the box with the default paths, installed it for a client a few weeks ago

Quote:
2. If you delete all the defaults, maybe as part of your own testing, be aware that ISPConfig will reinstate all 10 default paths again. I don't like any software being that dictatorial, but the key here is that it will only reinstate the defaults if you leave the field empty, so put something in there to suppress this unwelcome feature.
Naming ispconfig dictatorial is just funny. Your post shows just that you dont know much about hosting or ispconfig.

1) If you want to change the default of the open_basedir paths, then edit it underSystem > Server config
2) The open_basedir path is never empty, to disable it, insert the word "none" like it is decribed in the php documentation.

Quote:
And the reason I described it as a challenge to find is because of an odd thing. Whatever appears in this field does not seem to be written to any standard apache conf file that I could find - hence my original post. The odd thing is that this Options page includes a panel for you to enter your own Apache Directives. Anything you add here is written out to the vhost configuration file for this domain.
Are you aware how php is configred in apache in different modes? php settings are only in apache file if mod_php is used. If you use php-fcgi, cgi or suphp, then values are stored either in a custom php.ini or they are set in the fcgi starter script.

Quote:
Yes, it's odd that one of your custom fields finds its way into a standard config file but another doesn't - not just odd, but confusingly inconsistent. Perhaps it might be good if all the user changeable fields on this Options page could be treated in a consistent manner - preferrably all written out to config files.
Its absolutely consistent when you know that different php mpdes ahve different ways of configuration.

So before you blame a software that it does something wrong,you might want to ask or read the php and apache documentation in details