View Single Post
Old 17th January 2013, 14:59
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,418 Times in 4,260 Posts

Quote:
At first I put miror mode like in the howto. And then after when I saw It didn't work I tried with secondary zone without more succes.
Ok. You can not use both together.

The problem is that you deleted the pri.* files manually,as tehy will not be generated again. Instead of deleting them, you could have used the resync tool to force a update. Please remove the secondary dns records that you added as they will cause a conflict in bind so that the dns server must fail.

Quote:
In any case, is there a question of user or password to create to grand acces. How the sync is supposed to occure. By witch mean the sync is done? By ssh,
ftp, port 52 by bind? I just don't understand this process...
There is no connection possible by ssh. I don't have any users created.
The slave server connects to the mysql database on the master server, fetcehs the changes that wer made trough the ispconfig interface and miirors them to the mysql database of the slave and then changes the config files. I described this in several posts here in the forum in the past.

There is a sticky post that describes what to do when your server is not writing changes to disk:

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58408

Quote:
A sync log would be a nice to have! Or an option like sync now. I saw there is something in option but I don't know what that thing sync... Not the DNS...
That log exists, all you have to do is enable debugging for the slave as explained in the sticky post.