View Single Post
Old 6th January 2013, 10:33

Quote:
Ok I see so they are defaulted, just wanted to be sure, so I installed roundcube on the mail server which responds to internal ip of 192.168.0.10/roundcube but it doesnt respond to the hostname of mail.example.com
If you dont have apache installed how does roundcube work, as it needs a webserver running - either apache, nginx or something else !

Quote:
I think I understand a little bit, but there was no apache installation on my mailserver, so do I put the virtual host on the webserver and point it to the internal IP somehow?
I would suggest you install apache or nginx as if you try to run from another server, its going to be slower and more complicated to setup - and will be harder to learn/understand whats going on.
Unless its a large user base there really is no point. I have in the past had separate boxes running smtp and imap/webmail, but that was for a 1000 plus users, but most setups i do are for 20 to 100 users and i only ever have 1 box running postfix/dovecot/webmail, and the only other box i need is a backup mx, which is shared between several companies.

Last edited by tahunasky; 6th January 2013 at 10:38.