View Single Post
Old 4th January 2013, 18:22

Default Debugging nginx directives

Hi,

I'm trying to get cakephp working with ISPConfig3 and nginx (loosely following http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-se...ot-ispconfig-3)

I have the server setup fine (I can run phpinfo() and other snippets of php fine) but I can't get cake working. I think it's because cake out of the box relies on mod-rewrite, but by default it should still work out of the box, just look ugly. But it doesn't work at all, I just get 404's, I'm guessing because it's redirecting me somewhere the doesn't exist.

But when I add nginx directives through the ISPC control panel, sometimes they don't get applied fully, but a mydomain.vhost.err shows up in /etc/nginx/sites-available. But there's absolutely no indication or documentation or log or anything anywhere I can find that explains this - am I missing something here?

Is there a way to debug site-specific nginx directives? And also, might it be possible that future version of ISPC indicate there has been a problem applying directives in the control panel, rather than having to manually check /etc/nginx/sites-available?

Thanks,

Dom.

EDIT: I'm running ISPConfig 3.0.5RC1, nginx 1.3.7 and I've tried cakephp 2.2.5 and 2.3.0RC1

Last edited by ItsDom; 4th January 2013 at 18:25.
Sponsored Links