View Single Post
Old 29th November 2012, 12:04

Sorry to dig-up a *reeeeally* old post but...

For the 2 years I've been running ISPConfig I have struggled with emails from contact forms on various websites I run not being delivered.

After posting on this forum, I found a fix which was to restart ClamAV like this: /etc/init.d/amavis restart

As it would require restarting from time-to-time, I added this to a crobjob. This has basically been working for the last 12 (?) months until this month I realised I wasn't getting email again. So I restarted it manually and got the following:

Stopping amavisd: (not running).
Starting amavisd: Missing process ID in file /var/run/amavis/amavisd.pid at /usr/sbin/amavisd-new line 13931.
(failed).

Please can someone help? It's really a matter of importance for me as I run my business from this website and it's difficult to know when I stopped receiving enquiries!

My question is this. Is it possible / dangerous to remove ClamAV altogether? I don't even use this server to receive email, only to send through its SMTP service.

If so, can someone point me towards the best procedure for this, and also let me know of any possible pitfalls?

Yours desperately!

Mat