View Single Post
Old 4th October 2012, 18:26

Hmm, I'm not sure this would really work now, or maybe I'm doing something wrong - please help!

On a CentOS 6.3 system I had previously setup ISPConfig on, I just removed all dovecot packages, ensured I had all CentOS repositories installed which are listed in

http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-se...ot-ispconfig-3

(that's with the exception of the DAG repository, but this shouldn't matter),
then installed the dovecot packages listed in the how-to. I end up with dovecot configuration in /etc/dovecot/ with the main dovecot configuration file located at /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf.

Then I ran install/update.php from the ISPConfig-3.0.4.6 tar.gz. This script now added /etc/dovecot.conf and /etc/dovecot-sql.conf, so two dovecot configuration files which use the Dovcecot 1.x configuration file layout, storing the configuration directly in /etc. Now I grep all the Dovecot configuration files for something ISPConfig related:

Code:
[root@ispconfig ~]# grep -ir ispconfig /etc/dovecot*
/etc/dovecot-sql.conf:connect = host=localhost dbname=dbispconfig user=ispconfig password=[redacted]
/etc/dovecot-sql.conf~:connect = host=localhost dbname=dbispconfig user=ispconfig password=[redacted]
[root@ispconfig ~]#
So apparently the ISPConfig 3.0.4.6 update script is assuming that I have dovecot 1.x installed (but I don't, I have 2.x). Should I try tp uninstall, then reinstall ISPConfig? Is there anything else I'm missing / doing wrong?

It may be worth pointing out that I'm installing in an OpenVZ container and that the updater script prints this on screen:
Code:
Operating System: Redhat or compatible, unknown version.
This system is:
Code:
[root@ispconfig ~]# cat /etc/redhat-release 
CentOS release 6.3 (Final)
[root@ispconfig ~]#
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by m.naumann; 4th October 2012 at 19:03.