View Single Post
Old 10th September 2012, 14:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by till View Post
Peerl is setup at install time,so nothing to modify or ah´dd there. I'am talking about the perl hello world test file and the settings you have to enable in the website settings of the ispconfig interface, so not related to the ispconfig install.
Yeah i`m following the manual, manual says for get more users i need use FasCGI + Suexec, this is the default i`m using, and always enabling all options, to pearl, and other stuff.

Quote:
Mixing tutorials will cause a failing setup in most cases. So if you dont are a linux professional with many years of experience yet, dont mix setups, just follow the perfect setup to the letter and you will get a working server out of the box like many thousand users before you. By trying to make things better or remove notices in the logs like I saw in your otherposts which you thought are errors but which were just notices and absolutely ok, you can destroy a setup.
This is where VMWare save me with snapshots, i got many times everything destroyed after try any other guide...
The last destruction happened when i was following one guide here to enable antivirus check on ftp uploads...
My ftp stopped work, without any info on logs, so the snapshot saved me.
And after setup something, i start all kind of tests again, i test mails, ftp, all software on the list from another post (all kind of cms, ecommece, etc..) for be sure everything is working, keeping an eye on the logs, if there no problem i keep going trying get more features, in an error, i try fix while logs give me some info, if there no info, snapshot is my last resource and then i discart the features which dont work on my scenario...

Quote:
Which is provided by the perfect setup guides out of the box, except of python support as I explained above. Tomcat is not supported by ispconfig and though not part of thevguides, but you wnt see any tomcat users in shared hosting setups normally as tomcat is used for large business sites only which have a dedicated server anyway,so you would install tomcat on a server without controlpanel to run just this one site.
Dindt know tomcat is only for large business, but is good know it, for can deal with users, when they asked like something:

"You dont have tomcat support, while host X or Z or all other bigger hosts have..."

Quote:
Why do you want to host your server at home or in the office instead of renting one in a datacenter? You get a Core i7 server with 2x 3TB harddisks and 16GB Ram and 100Mbit internet connection for about 65 USD a month. Unlimited bandwidth and electricity included.
Having the host on my home i have the control.
On previous year i hired one VPS from UK for six months, around US$ 180,00, with nice upload, something around 6 mbps, etc..
Got some clients, and was good, not profitable, but at least i was getting my personal websites hosted free (since my clients was paying for me in the end), but then, noone know the truth or can confirm this, seems the ISPs here started does an boycott / censorship, and then many websites (outside of Brazil) wasnt working sometimes, this includes my VPS hired... (Some ISPs claimed as hacker attack...)

I dont need say i lost all my few clients... My ISP here on Brazil says is UK host fault, asking for the support on UK they sayed is Brazilian ISP fault...
For test i did an subscription VPS of one month in USA, and checked UK VPS was fine... But not usefull for me...

I got sued for some clients and since then i have learned / got trauma in use something outside of my country...

Paying for an host here dont gonna become profitable for me...
Becoming a host if any client mine try sue me, i can do same with my ISP, but cant do it against hosts in other country.
Or in other words, i have the power to try solve the things fast.

I`m freelancer DBA (MSSQL), and try get this working on my home would be a source of fixed income, instead every week need try get an new contract.

Last edited by Wisdown; 10th September 2012 at 14:43.