maybe someone has been solving this and may help me with some issues. I want to split my ISPConfig setup, there is hundreds of sites, so it must be done all in once
server1: ISPConfig webinterface, DNS, oldwebserver
server2: mailserver, dbserver
Final setup will be:
server1: ISPconfig webinterface, DNS
PART I. splitting webserver, moving it from server1 to server3
i did some testing allready, so here is how i did it:
1.Install new ISPConfig server, connect it to master server and set as webserver
according to http://www.howtoforge.com/multiserve...th-ispconfig-3
2. Change webserver assigned to users
UPDATE client SET default_webserver
3. Change webserver assigned to web domains
UPDATE web_domain SET server_id
4. Change webserver assgined to FTP users
UPDATE ftp_user SET server_id
5. Change DNS records
UPDATE dns_rr SET 'new.ip.add.ress' WHERE 'old.ip.add.ress'
6. On new webserver rsync web sites
rsync -aHAXv root@oldwebserver1:/var/www/* /var/www
7. Use resync tools on master server
Tools=>Sync Tools=>Resync Websites & Resync FTP users & Resync DNS records
It works, sites are moved, but not everything is done, so before i do it on production server, i have some
- how to sync changes in client table to second server, as there is no sync tool?
- how to sync web_traffic table to second server ?
- did i miss something more ?