View Single Post
Old 27th July 2012, 14:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by falko View Post
What's the output of [CODE]iptables -L[/CODE
I must have been accessing SSH at the time when I triggered fail2ban.
I looked into jail.conf and noticed that I had not configured it to monitor pure-ftpd. I've now added a record for pure-ftpd, using parameters similar to the other ftp servers. I haven't made any changes to the pure-ftpd filter file.
While I'm working on this problem, I'm going to leave it turned off though.

Unfortunately, I did not make a copy of the IPTables list at the time. And it's now reset back to normal. But I don't think it's the source of the problem I'm having, since I've checked jail.conf.
Quote:
Originally Posted by falko View Post
Did you try both active and passive transfers in your FTP client?
In my version of WinSCP, I can only select Passive (On/Off) in the Connection node of the settings list. I've tried with both settings.

I noticed that when I change the encryption method to SSL/TLS Implicit or SSL Explicit, the connection fails very quickly because the those methods are not implemented on my server and WinSCP detects that.
However, on TLS Explicit, there is a long delay, as if things are happening but not successfully.

When I followed the guide, I created the pem certificate as required. Is the directory (/etc/ssl/private/) shown in the guide valid for my distribution (Ubuntu 10.04 LTS)?
Also, at the start of the guide, there is a link to Virtual Hosting With PureFTPd And MySQL (Incl. Quota And Bandwidth Management) On Ubuntu 10.10. I wanted to check the configuration information there against how I configured my system, but that link returns "Page not Found" at the moment.

Cheers,
Nap

Cheers,
Nap
(Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, Kernel 3.15.4-x86_64, Apache 2.4.7, MySQL 5.5.38, PHP 5.5.9, ISPConfig 3.0.5.4p1, Webmin, PureFTP & Quota, phpMyAdmin, postfix, dovecot, clamav, spamassassin, awstats, fail2ban, Jailkit, bind9, vlogger, webalizer)

Last edited by Nap; 27th July 2012 at 14:59. Reason: More info