Old 8th July 2012, 12:15
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,477 Times in 4,313 Posts

Quote:
regarding the mailbox traffic, can i query the db just with

Code:
// $sql = "SELECT * FROM mail_traffic";
// $app->db->queryAllRecords($sql)
to get all records or won't that scale if there are more servers?
Yes.

Quote:
how does ispconfig handle scaling, does it store the user information seperately on each server and does the adminpanel just pull everything together or does it keep all information on the "master" server ?
Config data is mirrored on the slaves to avoid a single point of failure and traffic data is accumulated on the master to allow traffic accounting for mirrored servers. So systems that consist of a few hundred servers are no problem at all. If you scale into thousands of servers then it might be nescessary to run the master system on a mysql cluster where a few hundred ispconfig nodes are attached to each node of the cluster. The ispconfig slaves use still single mysql instances as they were only used for config data caching.

Quote:
also i noticed that when i create a mailbox the quota of the mailbox isn't checked against the client mailbox quota, so i guess i have to handle this myself.
The api runs with admin user priveliges and one of the priveliged of the admin user is to overrde client quotas.