I noticed there is a feature request in the bugtracker
FS#1448 - one database user name and multiple databases
I think having multiple databases per user is nice, but there should be multiple users per database, too. I would even prefer different rights for db users like "read-only / read-write".
To accomplish this I think databases and database users have to be separated and linked on a n<->m basis instead of 1<->n or n<->1.
I don't know if I have the time to do it but before I start with something like that I'd like to discuss how it's done best.
My prefered feature would be:
- create new database
- optionally create new database user for this db automatically
- grant remote access on a per-database basis
- create new users / edit users
- grant read-write or read-only to chosen database(s)
- grant or revoke remote access option on a per-user basis