Thread: SSL issues
View Single Post
Old 29th April 2012, 12:47
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,739 Times in 2,574 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by profm2 View Post
Since I'm only hosting one domain, is there a way I can use the same SSL certificate for securing both ISPConfig along with my site?
Yes - just enable SSL for the website and create a self-signed cert through ISPConfig, and afterwards you go to the website's ssl directory, delete the cert, key, csr, and create symlink with the same names to where you stored your StartSSL cert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by profm2 View Post
SECOND ISSUE:

Ok, after going through the two above HOWTO's ... I'm now having issues with connecting to the server with Thunderbird. I can receive emails with IMAPS, my settings are - Connection security: SSL/TLS with a normal password on Port 993 (which is the default per Thunderbird).

On the outgoing (where I'm having issues), I think I've tried every combination available for SSL/TLS, STARTTLS. At this point, my guess is the port isn't open. Per Thunderbird, the default port for SSL/TLS is 465, and STARTTLS is 587. Normal SMTP is 25.

The error message that I'm getting when I use SSL/TLS with default port of 465 is: This would make it appear that the ports are messed up. When I use STARTTLS, I get the same message.

Any ideas?
What's the output of
Code:
netstat -tap
? Any errors in your mail log?

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on: