View Single Post
Old 8th April 2012, 11:19
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,582 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamianFick View Post
I managed to find a wordpress configuration on the wiki.nginx.org which is waaaay more mind boggling than the one shown on your tutorial. It even recodes your nginx.conf to work with wordpress, cluster servers, multi site compatibility, proxies, and caching.

Then it gave the optimized vhost code which needed me to make 5 external files... The vhost which is on your tutorial is what i was using and it did not work, however after a few hours working on this it works now.
All I can say is that my configuration works for me and all Wordpress sites I've set up so far.

Quote:
But for some stupid reason all of my files and folders are set as random owners such as "client0" "web1" web2" "web3" "ispconfig" "ispdb" and even "falko"
web1, web2, etc. are system usernames, client0, client1, etc. are group names. Not sure if you are reading the details your system gives you correctly.

Quote:
I dont know why but it is causing me tons of wasted time having to change the users on my websites folders. THEY WILL NOT work read/write under those user accounts. Once set to Apache once a php error ridden website is now clean as a whistle.
Did you check your error logs? If you use CentOS, did you disable SELinux?

Quote:
Another problem is postfix, i believe this is my SMTP? it wont turn on and it will not tell me why. It just says Stopping Postfix... [FAILED] Starting Postfix... [FAILED]

What port does this use if it could be that i doubt it. I am sure all ports are open.
Any errors in your mail log?

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on: